Sunday, January 22, 2012

art gesture sunday - week 3....


For the last three days I've been out at Brogo Permaculture Gardens learning all about creating permaculture food forests  - I'm too tired after digging and planting and scrambling up and down a 60 degree (plus!) hillside to tell all but I think its more than enough of a (communal) arty gesture for this (and most) weeks....



view to Mumbulla Mountain....
 


a food forest emerging on a hillside...

  seeking inspiration - we visited a food forest and permy garden in nearby Verona...


building swales is hard dog-gone work!



 it also must be precise dog-gone work!



yep I found a few moments between the action to create a bit of artyness....



a parting gift.... a small arty gesture... 



I wonder if anyone will notice?



...



4 comments:

  1. Ronnie, I've missed so much from taking a break from blogging and much more importantly, reading blogs. I've just had the best time reading back through yours, and now my head is buzzing with so much to think about. Many thanks for the insights, the really serious bits and the humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh thanks carol - lovely to hear from you again (you always leave delightful comments! I've missed you being around these past few months!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. learning to live with the land must be a delight and a struggle...the (familiar!) hearts are a fine surprise...as it's such hard physical work at times. i remember the old man, the family's grandfather, who exhorted me: "you must read organic gardening" (rolling "r"s) when i bought my first home. i learned to love digging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great communal thing to do - what could be more important than building a food garden together? Love the hearts, they are simple and perfect.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx