Wednesday, August 25, 2010

sustain me

This was personally home delivered yesterday...


(click the pic to go to the sustain site -
where you can download a digital copy of the mag for free - yes free!
ps the guy on the front actually is an old friend who lives over the hill from our place!)


It's the latest edition of sustain magazine which is created locally on the far south coast by a dedicated team and is issued about twice a year - I really love what this mag is all about -


"Sustain addresses issues we need to know as we relocalise our economies and set about achieving social, economic and environmental sustainability."


The mag is printed on paper from renewable resources and is delivered FREE to all and sundry - the current issue is all about 'heritage skills' and so my little heritage self was included in an wrap up of hertiage-ish type things in the area that also uphold the ethos of the magazine....



(if you click the pic and screw up your eyes I think you might just be able to read this...
if not you can download the whole mag from the link above....
and yes - that's the same pic of me that I use on my blogger profile...and also for fb... I don't like having my piccie taken!)





Big thanks to Sustain's new editor Robyn Rosenfeldt for the nice story and to Geoffrey Griggs - who is the force behind the mag and the Austcom network (and the delivery guy yesterday!) - you guys remind me of a favourtie quote:


"You must be the change you wish to see in the world". - Ghandi




...

5 comments:

  1. Great article Ronnie - tells a wonderful story with honesty and integrity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice article; after reading it, I feel I know you a bit better! I wish I could visit you in your uniquely beautiful sounding part of the world...
    All the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ronnie! That looks great!
    I kind of thought that you received the guy on the cover in the mail when I first saw your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still laughing at your last bit artmind.... poor trev (the guy on the cover)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronnie, this is such a nice article, and I'm so happy to see you getting recognition for our beloved "heritage crafts." Well done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx