Monday, July 13, 2009

recent work (from the paddock not the studio)


If you have been checking out the contents of my flickr site you may have noticed a couple of firey pics....


these are some of my recent works - stacks of old unwanted encyclopaedias that I've set on fire - then photographed the process of their demise... as I mention on my flickr site, these books were actually destined for landfill - they are unwanted funk and wagnall encyclopaedias that I collected at Rotary book sales...

yes I know its still disconcerting to see books burning (that is of course a part of the work) this was the first stack I torched - just after the Queens Birthday long weekend last month - traditional time of the bonfire. The work existed for a few hours (as it slowly burnt to the ground) and now remains as a photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx