Saturday, August 16, 2008

split personality

I had a quick look though my blog posts and realised how confusing it must be for anyone other than myself to figure out what the heck is going on... I've got arty bits and wildlife bits then garden bits all mushed together here - I appear to have a split personality (or maybe multiple personalities is more like it..)

soooooo I was thinking maybe I should split all these different areas and arenas into separate blogs.... a nice garden blog... a nice arty blog...

and then I realised - that's not how things happen - I AM all these creatures simultaneously....

As I walk up to my little studio I pass by the orchard and the wistringia hedge and the gardener in me kicks in (must weed, must water)... and then whilst in the studio I hear cars slow along the highway (is there a cow on the road? - must investigate) and my kiddies climb all over my studio fixtures - obviously looking for food (must feed small children).... and even when I am in the studio, 'making stuff', I am doing so for mixed purposes - for exhibitions, for my studies, for teaching....

when I've stated 'artist, teacher, student, mother, gardener, farmer' as a summing up of who I am and what I do, I now see how all those different spheres interact and never sit independently... so I'll just maintain my 'split personality' blog as it is - as a true reflection of how it is to wear many hats simultaneously - an experience I'm sure is familiar to many other artists, teachers, students, mothers, gardeners, farmers out there.....



Hellebores from the winter garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx